Landing the perfect job is the primary goal for young graduates and experienced professionals too. Perhaps you are not happy in your current field, or you are just graduating from university. Either way, you must do a job search if you are planning to start working on your new career. However, job search is not an easy task. There are many aspects you have to take into consideration first. Furthermore, you need to develop a solid strategy on how to proceed and start the best job search.
In this article, you are going to learn the basics about the best job searching. You can gain more knowledge about the top 5 tips that can take your job search to a whole new level. In this way, you can get outstanding results. Let us observe:
- Start applying early
- Update your CV
- Narrow down your choices
- Keep a compensation goal in mind
- Use networking as a strategy
- How can The Talent Point help you with your job search?
Start applying early
Regardless of your motivation for looking for a new job, you need to start your job hunt as quickly as you can.
For example, if you are currently in a position in which you no longer feel happy, or you are not passionate about it, that is a sign that you need to change jobs soon. However, you cannot submit your resignation until you have found a new position. It will not be a smart decision.
Similarly, if you are going to graduate soon, you cannot expect that date to start your search. One of the most important things you should know is that landing a job takes time.
Thus, you have to start your job search early. Although some companies tend to do recruitment in January, you have many chances to land a job anytime in the year as long as you start quickly.
Why do you need to start your job search early?
As one of the best job searching tips is to start early, you need to know the reasons why. First of all, you have to plan your job search since it will help you determine what you want to do.
Therefore, whether you are planning on resigning and changing careers, or your graduation is coming, it is never too early to start applying for positions. Here we have the reasons why you should start your search early:
- It can give you the chance to narrow down your options
- You can apply for a variety of positions and wait for the call without pressure
- You can thoroughly research the companies where you applied so you can have more information about the vacancy and the company’s culture
- It allows you to prepare yourself for the interview by looking for the best tips
Subsequently, among the top job search ideas is applying for new jobs long before the time you want to start working.
Update your CV
If you have not started your job search, or if you are currently in a position and your CV is outdated, then you have to review it before sending it.
An outdated CV will not serve you well to look for your dream job. Keep in mind that your resume will be the first impression the potential employers or recruiters are going to see from you. Consequently, a great CV will help you land the job.
Thus, one of the best job search ideas is to have an updated CV. For this reason, here we have the best resume tips so you can make it an outstanding one.
How should you write down the experience on your CV?
As you may know, job experience is one of the main parts of your CV. Moreover, if you are trying to apply for a position that requires knowledge and skills, it is useful to highlight the fact that you have experience working in that area.
In this case, you have to put your most recent responsibilities in that job position, and write it very clearly. Make sure to include only the experience that is relevant to the position that you are applying for.
Nonetheless, if you are a recent graduate and you have no experience, you must know how to write down this area of your CV. For example, you could highlight the abilities you have in the position, capacities, or accomplishments. You have to focus on emphasizing your abilities, talents, soft skills, and hard skills.
By doing this, you are proving that you are a great candidate even if you do not have experience. This will make your job search in Dubai a success.
What should you include in your CV?
There is a basic structure that your CV should have. Keep in mind that a CV does not have to be too long. The most important is that you highlight the aspects that are relevant to the job position.
Thus, here we have what you need to include in your CV:
- Personal information: do not forget to include your full name, address, telephone and email. Some companies request the candidate’s social media profiles too.
- Skills: summarize your skills and make sure to include what employers are looking for regarding the position. Some of the most practical skills for any job are team leadership, communication skills, work ethic, time management, and more. Also, make sure to include the skills that are related to the particular tasks you are going to carry out in the position.
- Experience: highlight the experience related to the position. If you have 10 years or more out of the university, perhaps you have to remove those part-time positions you held during your studies because they are no longer relevant.
- Achievements: make sure to highlight your accomplishments, long-term goals, and abilities acquired.
- Education: list your university education, training, and additional courses that are relevant to the position.
You could also include references, interests, and hobbies, but these are optional. Some companies request them, and others do not.
Narrow down your choices
Once you have an outstanding CV, you need to follow another step to make your job search efficient. Although you have to start your job search in Dubai early, you cannot apply for all the vacancies that you see.
This is because you need to have a strategy on which next step you want to take in your career. Perhaps you are currently working in an area but you are bored with your role. Maybe you want to find something that would be exciting to you.
On the other hand, perhaps you are a recent graduate and you still do not know in which areas you want to work. For this reason, to make your job search in the UAE more efficient, you have to narrow down your options. You have to consider the position you are hoping to get.
This may seem confusing, but to achieve this you need to follow a few simple tips:
- Do not focus on a specific job title. It is best if you focus on tasks or roles. This way, you will know exactly the responsibilities of your position and if you are willing to take on the job.
- Make a list of the activities you want to do. Consider the things that you feel happy doing and that give you a sense of purpose.
- It is also helpful to know what you do not want to do. The best way to find out which role you want to get is by determining which ones you do not want. For example, you could be a marketing specialist, but you do not want to focus on administrative roles. Rather, you would like to work on marketing research because it seems something interesting to you.
How to decide which roles you should apply for?
After you have figured out the skills, activities, and tasks of the roles, as well as the abilities required for the position, you have to start applying.
Nevertheless, make sure not to send a lot of applications. Just focus on those that offer the best compensation, benefits, or maybe the possibility to advance in your career.
Keep a compensation goal in mind
Knowing which roles are interesting to you for your job search is very important. However, there is an important aspect you have to take into consideration. This is the income goal you have for the position.
Perhaps you are interested in a specific role, but you have to find out the compensation for that type of work. Do your research on several fields and positions in high demand according to the industry and responsibilities, and determine if that income is acceptable to you.
As a professional, you need to have a job that allows you to grow, but you also need to manage your finances and pay your bills. By setting an income goal you will know how much you can save, and how to handle your money smartly.
Thus, an essential step in the best job searching process should be to know the salary for the role. There may be some cases in which the compensation falls short of your desired salary. In this case, you have to take into consideration some important factors that will help you make a better decision:
- What are the workplace benefits? Do they offer free health insurance?
- Are there any additional perks that could help you improve in your career?
- What are the company’s culture, mission, and vision? Do you agree with them?
- What are the labor rules surrounding the role? Will you have to work extra hours? Do you receive additional compensation for doing extra work?
All of these questions will help you refine your strategy. Thus, you will be able to do the best job search and attain your objectives.
5. Use networking as a strategy
Another important tool for your job search should be building your network. It does not matter if you are a recent graduate, your network will consist of some of your former classmates and professors.
Many job seekers underestimate the value of networking. Keep in mind that for every application you send, there are hundreds of other job seekers wanting to land the job. Although you have the perfect CV and the necessary skills for the roles, it is always useful to have a contact in the company.
It may seem like something intimidating, but it is worth it. Here is how you can try networking to achieve the best job searching:
- Reach out to your contacts on sites like LinkedIn or your social media. Maybe you can find a current employee in the company and ask him or her to submit your CV directly to the HR department.
- Let your contacts know that you are open to searching for a job. Instead of looking for places to apply, your friends and relatives can help you and instruct you on where to land a job.
On The Talent Point, we want to help you have an outstanding job search in the UAE. You can find the perfect role that matches your skills and qualifications to start living your best life in this thriving country.
With the tips we have provided you, you can save time on your job search and do it hassle-free. Use your hours for preparing yourself for becoming a better candidate instead of just navigating job sites looking for the best role.
6. How can The Talent Point help you with your job search?
On The Talent Point, we believe in your potential and for this reason, we want to get you closer to employers. Moreover, we offer the best advice for writing your CV as well as job searching tips for you to improve your possibilities of getting your dream job
Are you interested in learning more about The Talent Point? Contact us at +971 43 316 688 and one of our representatives will gladly talk to you. Also, if you have any additional inquiries, you can send us an email at [email protected].