Working in Saudi Arabia may be your goal because you want to get everything this amazing country has to offer. However, to land your dream position you need to know how to do a proper job search. Many recent graduates and experienced professionals find it hard and stressful to apply for a job. Mainly because they do not seem to find enough vacancies, or because they do not know where to look.
In this article, we will show you how to do the best job search to land the perfect position for you, then you have to continue reading our job searching tips. By developing a solid plan, you can attain your best job searching. Thus, to improve your job searching, you need to learn about the best strategies and tips you can apply. Let us observe:
- Reach out to your existing network
- Keep your CV updated
- Use recruitment agencies as your allies
- Update your social media profiles
- Learn how to ace your interview
- Why is The Talent Point your best option for searching for a job?
Reach out to your existing network
Finding a job in Saudi Arabia is not an easy task. Many job seekers consider it as something challenging. This is particularly true for foreign professionals who want to land a position in any Saudi company.
Moreover, since the country’s culture may be different from other countries, you can find it difficult to adapt to the business norms.
For this reason, you need to know how to do your job search by applying some of these best tips. One of the main ones is using your local connections.
How can you use your network to find a job?
Among the job hunting ideas the most prominent one is: finding someone that can help you find the job you are looking for. In some cases, having a contact inside the company you want to apply for can make a long way in getting the job.
Furthermore, by reaching out to your existing network you may find that a company is looking for a professional like you and you can apply easily.
For example, you want to work as a marketing specialist, and you may have a friend in Saudi Arabia that is working for a marketing company. You could ask your friend if there are any vacancies available in the company and that can lead you to land the position.
You have to see which of your contacts are already living in Saudi Arabia. This can help you build your local network and then use it to find a job. Many opportunities might come from this.
In addition, this same principle applies anywhere you are. Let us say that if you want to live in the UAE, you can do your job search in Dubai by looking for contacts, friends, and relatives that are already living there.
Keep your CV updated
To start your job search you need to have an outstanding CV. You have to take into account that a great resume or CV will help you land the position. It is the first impression the employers will have of you.
You may already have a contact that recommended you to a company, and the next step will be to send your CV. However, if you do not have your CV ready or updated, your potential employers will keep waiting for you. This will not give a good impression of you. Additionally, avoid sending an outdated CV when you are applying for a job.
Although you are the perfect candidate for a role, if your CV does not show it, then you may not get it.
How do you review your CV?
To have great results with your job searching, you need to review your CV and make sure that it matches the requirements in Saudi Arabia. Here we have some practical tips on how to write your CV:
- Template: as you may have noticed, some templates or formats are more popular in some countries, and others there prefer different types. For example, in some places, you have to attach your picture to the CV, while in some countries it is forbidden to do so. Therefore, you need to know which format is popular in Saudi Arabia and start writing your CV using it.
- Keywords: your CV must include essential words that are related to the job position. Make sure to include them.
- Error-free: proofread your CV several times to check there are no mistakes. You could even ask someone else to read it in case you have missed something.
- Length: Employers and recruiters do not have time to read a 5-page CV. Thus, you have to keep it as short as possible by including relevant information.
- Oriented to the position: if you are going to apply for an engineering position, you need to include all the information that is relevant and worth mentioning. This will help you make your CV shorter.
Whether you are planning to do a job search in the UAE or Saudi Arabia, you need to have an outstanding CV.
Use recruitment agencies as your allies
Doing your job search alone can be difficult. For this reason, you need all the help you can get. If you are a foreigner, a recruitment agency can be very helpful. This is because they have recruiters that are experts in the Saudi job market, and they can assist you and guide you with interviews, applications, and more.
Moreover, recruitment agents are always looking for strong candidates to build their database. You can give it a try and register on some of the most popular recruitment agencies in Saudi Arabia to see which positions they have available.
Thus, to do the best job search you have to use all the resources you have available.
What can a recruitment agency do for your job search?
Not all professionals trust a recruitment agency when it comes to looking for a job. However, it is worth noting that not all firms are trustworthy. You need to contact one that guarantees its services and has a good reputation.
Once you find a great agency, you will receive the following benefits:
- Get advice on resume writing so you can send it confidently to your applications
- Receive assistance on which positions to apply for based on your skills and qualifications
- Get prepared for interviews so you can know how to behave and answer the questions.
You can achieve your best job searching by contacting an outstanding agency that helps you to land a perfect position. Here at The Talent Point, we offer our services so you can boost your talent hunt. You can search for the best jobs and apply easily.
Update your social media profiles
Given the popularity of social media, nowadays it is being used as a recruitment tool too. In many job ads, you can see that companies are requesting the candidate’s social media profiles among the personal information.
Thus, if you want to take your job search to a whole new level, you need to take advantage of social media. Nevertheless, you need to know how to use them efficiently. For this reason, here are some job searching tips on how to use it to your advantage:
- Make sure to remain professional on your social media. Especially if you are going to use them to find a job.
- Do not post compromising pictures, political thoughts, or complaints.
- Share valuable content related to your field or career.
How to use LinkedIn for your job search?
LinkedIn has become widely used in the business world for recruiters, employers, and job seekers. Thus, you need to have your profile updated if you want to reach out to agents and land the perfect job.
Many recruitment agencies in Saudi Arabia use LinkedIn to find outstanding candidates. If you want to use this tool, you need to know how to update your CV and your profile to start making connections with recruiters and companies in Saudi Arabia.
Moreover, some companies post their vacancies on LinkedIn. Thus, you can apply directly from there. Thanks to the new jobs function on this social media site you can even customize your job search for looking vacancies in a particular country.
Therefore, one of the best job search ideas is to sign in to this social media site and use it on your job search.
Learn how to ace your interview
Applying for a vacancy is not the end of the process. Keep in mind that to get the job you still need to go through an interview process. Therefore, it is important to learn how to do it excellently so you can land the job.
Thus, preparation for the job interview in Dubai should be among your job search strategies. Forming meaningful human connections during the interview is very important for Saudi nationals.
Whether you are doing your job search in Dubai, job search in the UAE, or Saudi Arabia, it is worth learning the business etiquette and standards so you can adapt easily to the job environment.
In this regard, some of the best recommendations are the following:
- Do not rush the interview process. Sit down and make small talk with the recruiter so they can get to know you more.
- Pay attention to your body language. It is important to show that you are confident during the interview and that you are a trustworthy person. Moreover, Saudi nationals do not like people that make too many hand gestures.
- Answer the questions confidently. Especially those questions that are related to the job position.
- Shaking hands between a man and a woman is not well seen among Saudi nationals. It is best to avoid physical touch altogether to evade any type of trouble.
- Emphasize your skills, talent, and experience. This is very important in case you have worked in any of the countries of the MENA region.
- Before the interview, research everything you can about the sector, company, and position, so you can prove you know about the topic.
- As an ex-pat, you need to show cultural sensitivity. Be an open-minded person during the interview and point out that you can easily adapt to local customs.
What type of interview questions should you expect?
Being prepared for the interview includes knowing what interview questions you can expect. Most of them are related to your background, skills, and experience.
Here are some of the most common ones:
- Do you have work experience in other countries? How does the work environment differ among them?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Have you ever managed a difficult situation in your workplace?
- What are your accomplishments in your previous jobs?
- What would you say is your greatest strength?
- How long are you planning to live in Saudi Arabia? Do you have plans to move to another country?
- What were your duties and responsibilities in your previous job?
These are some of the questions you may get asked. It is important to learn how to answer them effectively. By doing all of these steps you can have an excellent job search and attain your goal of working in Saudi Arabia.
Why is The Talent Point your best option for searching for a job?
On The Talent Point, we aim to help you become a better candidate so you can find your dream job. You can register in our candidate database so you can start applying for the best positions on our website. Moreover, we offer the best job searching tips so you can improve your CV and be well prepared for a job interview.
Do you want to learn more about The Talent Point? Feel free to contact us at +971 43 316 688, send us a message at [email protected] or even send us your CV. You have nothing to worry about since your personal information will not be stored.