Career Level officer
Experience 7 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Location Abu Dhabi
Responsible as a key contact person for handling all procurement requirement and related tasks assigned for Yas Asset Management shared services companies. To assist and support all internal teams (marina operations, front office and facility management teams) by approaching Local and international suppliers and authorized agents according to the requirements by adhering to Yas Asset Management standards, including sourcing of supplies, materials and equipment’s. This involves finding the best prices for those supplies as well as getting them in a timely manner in order to do perform/complete their projects.
Procurement officer will also be responsible for maintaining contracts with vendors, initiating and keeping track of orders, receiving, inspecting and distributing orders, filling out damage claims and return orders, keeping daily records and working with finance department to pay vendors. Regularly interact with the suppliers to resolve late shipments or shortages, tracking the status of orders, comparing prices to find the best possible deal.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform tasks related to purchase request and purchase orders based on approved policies & procedures.
- Preparation of Contracts / service agreements.
- Liaise with Legal Team for execution of contract / service agreement.
- Prequalification of suppliers & manage vendor registration.
- Preparation of RFQ /RFP documents.
- Issue of RFQ/RFP to the selected bidders as per the policy.
- Maintain a bidder list, vendor file, and such other records as are needed for the efficient operation of the purchasing function.
- Liaise with Project team for the project procurements.
- Create and maintain project documentation, plans and reports related to procurement.
- Evaluate vendors quote to ensure it is in line with the requirements.
- Preparation of commercial evaluation and liaise with requester for technical evaluation.
- Assist in providing award recommendation reports.
- Coordinating with suppliers for site survey.
- Support development of Annual procurement plan.
- Liaising with purchase requester for closing of each Purchase order.
- Submit periodical reports to the management.
- Assist in providing data to internal and external auditors.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Liaising with finance team & supplier related to payment release.
- Develop and maintain relations with vendors to ensure best discounts and deliveries requirements, short lead times and timely response.
- Regular follow up with the supplier on the open request.
- Maintain a good relation in market to maintain company reputation.
- Payment terms & delivery schedule to be confirmed and clearly mentioned on the PO.
- Carry out all other duties which may be required from time to time.
- Maintain procurement monitoring & Closing report
Technical Skills and Work Experience
- In possession of a formal degree related to logistics, supply chain management and business management. or equivalent from a recognized educational institution
- About 7+ years of experience in a similar position, preferably within the tourism/hospitality/marine/ destination marketing / retail or events industry
- Experience in liaising with suppliers, clients, stakeholders and internal teams and managing suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal negotiation skills and written and spoken English (Arabic will be an advantage)
- Diligent and driven with attention to details
- A good standard of computer literacy in MS Office applications
- Familiarity with Oracle Fusion / SAP Ariba or any other cloud-based procurement systems.
- Autonomous hard worker with a hands-on, can-do approach and flexible approach to working hours during events
- In possession of a valid driving license