Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Master’s Degree
Location Dubai, UAE
Oversees the Food & Beverages responsibilities and activities of the organization. Act as deputy Food & Beverages manager in the execution of the IKEA Food & Beverages Concept in the IKEA Restaurant & Café, IKEA Bistro and IKEA Swedish Food Market and IKEA co-worker restaurant, in order to strengthen the IKEA store’s position as the best home furnishing store in your local market. Includes achieving the customer satisfaction goals set and all foods & beverages are prepared and served in the correct way by trained and skilled co-workers for IKEA store visitors to take a natural break in their shopping for a tasty and nourishing meal, at a competitive price, in pleasant and relaxing surroundings with a taste of Sweden.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Ensure our guests are always in focus and strive to make them smile. Meet and serve our guests showing empathy and care. Willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
• Lead by example and a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our guests, and give them a good reason to return again and again.
• Always look at our store through the eyes of our customers. Have a daily dialogue with our guests to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants, then act based on their input.
• Empower and encourage the team to take immediate action to meet the needs of guests and give input on how to continuously improve our meeting with them.
• Ensure our guests have a great shopping experience always throughout the day.
Together with his colleagues and managers, they contribute actively in the development and implementation of a clear IKEA Food action plan for the store using the store business plan and country business plan. These are supported by input from Growing IKEA together and the IKEA Food Direction & Strategy. Develop and execute an annual action plan for his area based on agreed goals.
• Actively implement the range matrix (global and national) by securing quality and availability.
• Serve high-volume dishes that suit the taste of the many people on the local market.
• Secure that we prepare all food in line with the product sheet and secure the quality served at all times.
• Actively use the product sheets to train co-workers. Also, ensure all co-workers taste and learn about new products before they are launched.
• Secure an irresistible food offer by ensuring we give customers an appealing range presentation.
• Passionate about his products and actively learn about their content, origins, preparation and other benefits. Share this knowledge with his guests and colleagues.
• Ensure that his team and him know the top-selling products, 3 Aces and 1 King, and that they are available and clearly communicated and displayed at all times. To promote alternative products when these are unavailable.
• Utilise everyday commercial opportunities to grow sales and profitability according to the goals in his area. Work with the Functional Commercial Review and other appropriate tools to do so.
• During unexpectedly quiet times, initiate commercial activities that attract store visitors and increase the take-up rate, or take other actions to secure productivity.
• Co-operate with the Stores Kitchen Managers & Kitchen Production Seniors to enhance Swedishness and the link between the IKEA Restaurant & Café and the Swedish Food Market when appropriate.
• Have relevant knowledge of the competition on the market & use this information to initiate immediate action as needed, e.g. secure a substantial price distance.
• Create awareness of IKEA Food as the most important in-store marketing tool for maximising the IKEA store’s sales potential.
• Passionate leader who can bring business and people together, inspired by the IKEA core leadership capabilities and strive to continuously develop as a leader.
• In co-operation with the Human Resources (HR) department, recruit his team based on the IKEA values.
• Committed to the development of his team and secure their training to ensure all co-workers understand the IKEA Concept and other key guidelines, and how they have an impact on their specific roles.
• Empower, support and coach his co-workers on the job to help them perform better and grow.
• Actively develop successors to ensure he meet the succession needs of the IKEA store.
• Work actively to create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality, and diversity is valued, to ensure the IKEA store is regarded as a great place to work.