- Blogs, CV, Jobs, News, Resume Tips
- 0 Comments
Nowadays, the goal of many people is to find a good job and work in what they love. The first step to getting the job of your dreams is to create a great CV that stands out from the crowd. If your passion is teaching English, here are some resume tips for you to take that first step.
In this article, you will find resume tips for English teaching jobs that will help you create an eye-catching CV. More of the article’s content is below:
- What can you achieve with an eye-catching CV?
- How to create an eye-catching CV for an English teaching job?
- Functions performed by an English teacher that can help you in the elaboration of your CV.
- What information should you include in your CV for English teaching jobs?
- What to do if you are just starting your career and have no professional experience?
- Resume writing tips for English teaching jobs.
- Resume writing tips for cover letter.
- Find your dream job through THETALENTPOINT.
1. What can you achieve with an eye-catching CV?
A CV is one of the most important tools to get you to the interview stage. In fact, what can make a big difference between going to an interview or not is a well-crafted CV. Through the CV, the applicant shows his skills and knowledge to make a good impression.
For this reason, we will give you some tips that will allow you to stand out in the job market. It is important to note that not all jobs are the same and the skills required are different. So, if you want to be an English teacher, we recommend you pay attention to the resume tips for English teaching jobs that we will provide you throughout this article.
2. How to create an eye-catching CV for an English teaching job?
English is known as a universal language, which results in many people around the world wanting to learn it. For this reason, opting for an English teaching job is considered a good idea due to the wide range of job opportunities it offers. Among those opportunities is teaching abroad, which is a goal for those who wish to explore different parts of the world.
However, it is necessary to have an eye-catching CV that can show outsiders your potential and knowledge. One thing that can help you is to read resume writing tips and samples because the tips can guide you in the process of creating an excellent CV. Having resume tips will allow you to adapt your skills and experience into a professional CV, thus increasing your chances of getting an interview.
While writing your CV for an English teaching job, you should take into account the requirements and demands of the job. If you pay attention to the company and what they are looking for, you will be able to highlight all the qualities you possess that fit that profile. Some of the things you should highlight are your knowledge, experience, training, and relevant details that may interest the recruiter.
Generally, it is necessary to ask yourself: who do you want to read your resume? What impression do you want to give? How do you want to be remembered? By asking yourself these questions, it will be easier for you to choose the information you should put on your resume.
Additionally, you can imagine yourself as a recruiter and think about what you would like to hear if you were looking for an English teaching job. This way, you will be able to evaluate your answers before possible questions during the interview.
3. Functions performed by an English teacher that can help you in the elaboration of your CV.
Among the resume tips, 2021 is also to know exactly the functions of an English teacher. Teaching can vary between basic, intermediate, and advanced levels, so it is necessary to know in detail the position for which you are applying.
Usually, the functions of an English teacher are:
· Teach students about grammar, punctuation, and writing of the language.
· Develop theoretical frameworks that are easy to understand to show to students.
· Create tests at a level according to what the teacher is teaching to assess the knowledge acquired during the lessons.
· Design and elaborate strategies to make learning the new language much easier.
· An English teacher must be able to evaluate the tests and analyze the results.
Although these do not resume tips, they can make it easier for you to know what information to add to your CV. Of course, it will also depend on the demands and requirements requested by the employer.
4. What information should you include in your CV for English teaching jobs?
As mentioned above, a CV should show information about the applicant that is useful to the recruiter. Here are some resume writing tips and samples to give you a guide to starting writing your CV:
4.1. Personal information.
The first thing your CV should contain is personal information that will allow the recruiter to know more about you. Information such as your full name, age, nationality, email address, and phone number is necessary for your CV to be considered. In addition, providing this information allows the recruiter to contact you for the interview.
Adding a photograph that is professional can give your resume a standout feature. This is one of the most overlooked resume tips that can certainly make a difference.
It is good to mention among the resume tips the statement of objectives. Generally, CVs include at least two sentences with the applicant’s objectives to highlight why he/she is worthy of the position.
4.4. Work experience.
Usually, recruiters pay more attention to the work experience that applicants have. In this section, you should put relevant information related to the jobs you have had in the past. Ideally, you should fill this section with information such as job title, responsibilities, time, and location. This may be one of the resume tips for experienced professionals because the more experience the more they excel.
It is necessary to place information about your education to show your academic background. In this section, you should place your degrees, credentials, or certificates, and you should also specify the place and date.
Naming skills is one of the best resume tips for English teaching jobs because they can make you stand out from the rest. If we think of an English teacher, we imagine a person with moral and ethical values and with communication and leadership skills. So, we recommend you list the skills that stand out and fit your profile.
4.7. Interests and hobbies.
When you mention in your CV what your interests or hobbies are, you allow the recruiter to know more about you. Moreover, it is a way to show a match between your skills, goals, and interests, therefore, we recommend you be completely honest about it.
First and last name: Nicolas Robin. PHOTO
Age: 34 years old.
Country: United States.
Email: [email protected]
Phone number: xxx xxx xxxx xxxx
Objective: To teach the language and help my students acquire communication skills.
Experience: English teacher for 6 years at the high school “XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”.
Education: Master’s degree in Languages in 2012 at “XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX” University.
· Professional ethics.
· Excellent communication skills.
Interests and Hobbies: I like teaching, learning new things, and improving my skills. Furthermore, I enjoy skiing and painting.
It is important to note that the data provided in the sample is completely fictitious.
5. What to do if you are just starting your career and have no professional experience?
For many people who are just starting out on their career path, work experience is a concern. Most companies require the applicant to have experience in the teaching field and, therefore, it is required on the CV. However, there are options you can opt for if you have not yet obtained your first job as an English teacher.
We recommend that you add information about internships or courses you have taken that relate to the job instead. Also, if you have projects, volunteering or any experience that shows you can teach, you can add that as well. In general, these should be situations that demonstrate leadership, patience, organization, ethics, and motivation.
6. Resume writing tips for English teaching jobs.
We know that for some people it is a bit complicated to write their CV and they may have doubts about how to do it. For that reason, here we will give you some resume writing tips that will be useful for you:
· As a first resume tip, we recommend you be completely honest with the information in your CV. Providing false information could have consequences in the future.
· We recommend you make a professional resume that you can have at hand when you are writing your CV. This way, you will have all the information at hand and you will not run the risk of forgetting an important detail.
· When you mention your skills, make sure they are related to the position for which you are applying. This allows you to prioritize the skills that will allow you to get the job.
· The use of keywords during the writing of the CV is indispensable. Through them, the recruiter can relate the responsibilities of the position with your experience and knowledge.
· Most organizations use digital platforms that allow them to organize better and control the activities of the organization. One of the resume writing tips is that if you have knowledge of any digital tool, you should add it to your CV.
· In the “Objectives” section you should put something clearly professional and related to the job position. Avoid giving too much personal information.
· We recommend the use of bullet points that allow you to identify each skill and achievement. It is easier to capture attention when the information is not grouped in excess.
· The last resume tip is to verify the information provided and make sure there are no mistakes in the CV.
7. Resume writing tips for cover letter.
Usually, a cover letter is attached to your resume to let the company know about you. In the cover letter, you should express who you are and what you have to offer in the work environment. Through writing, you can learn about the personality of the person and what you want to share about yourself.
For this reason, among the resume tips, we include the cover letter. In the cover letter, it is possible to explain what you have learned and how you can take advantage of it for the new job. As we mentioned before, it is not well seen that the resume has too much or too grouped information, so the cover letter is a good option.
The structure of cover letters is usually the same because they allow for readability. Usually, a cover letter is composed of three paragraphs and is divided as follows:
In the first paragraph, you put the name of the position and why you are applying for it. This is an excellent opportunity to show your interest in the job.
The second paragraph usually contains the skills that make you good for the position. Knowledge, experience, education, and skills should be highlighted here.
The last paragraph is to say goodbye and let the recruiter know that you will be waiting to hear from them.
8. Find your dream job through THETALENTPOINT.
THETALENTPOINT is an online marketplace that allows you to easily find your dream job. There are job opportunities out there; you just need our help to find them. Through this platform, we can connect companies in the Gulf area with applicants from all over the world who want to get a job in a simple, efficient, and effective way.
By registering, you can start your job search and receive notifications about vacancies that match your profile. The options are varied and there are several industries included, such as hospitality, education, oil, construction, banking, and more. So, the opportunities to find a job are huge and profitable.
So, if you are looking for a job and you have already prepared your CV, the next step is to register in THETALENTPOINT. Once you register and complete all the proper procedures, it’s time to find your dream job.